EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2023
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect Personal Information regarding our customers (e.g., patients and health care professionals), prospective customers, vendors and business partners, Site visitors, employees, and job applicants. The types of Personal Information we may collect depend on the nature of our relationship with you and the requirements of applicable law. We endeavor to collect only information that is relevant for the purposes of processing. The table below sets out the different categories of Personal Information that we may collect.
|Category of Personal Information||Example Data Elements||Category of Individuals About Whom Processed|
|Demographic Information and Interests||
|Site Activity Information||
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your Personal Information for a variety of purposes. These may include:
- To respond to your contact inquiries.
- To provide you with Services you have requested and/or customer support.
- To communicate with you about Services that may be of interest to you.
- To develop and improve our Services.
- To analyze how visitors to our Sites and users of our Services use the Sites and Services, so as to make themmore interesting and useful to you, to improve the value of the material available on theSites, to increase the effectiveness of the Services we offer, and to help our partners and service providers, or our Site design teams, create, serve, and track promotions our customers might like.
- For current and prospective vendors and business partners: To conduct due diligence prior to entering into a contract with you.
- For health care professionals: To report information concerning our relationships with health care professionals, in accordance with legal requirements and industry standards.
- For job applicants:To process your application for employment, including administration of the recruitment process and evaluation of your candidacy.
By using the Sites or Services, or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and any administrative issues. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Sites or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. If you have any questions or concerns, please notify us at [email protected].
We may combine or aggregate any Personal Information we collect for any of the above purposes. We may also anonymize your Personal Information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re-identified by us or any other organization and may use such anonymized information for any lawful purpose.
HOW DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
- We may share your Personal Information with other corporate affiliates of Sun Pharma for the functions and activities described above in relation to the purposes for which we collect your Personal Information.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to our service providers and other third parties who process your information to provide services to us or you, including, without limitation, market research; fraud protection; data analysis; email management; and customer service. These service providers and third parties are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your PersonalInformation and to use it only for purposes of carrying out the business of Sun Pharma. These service providers and other third parties can be classified in the following categories:
- Distributors, which we use to deliver our products;
- Marketing partners, which we use to send you promotional communications;
- IT service providers, such as our data hosting provider and companies we employ to manage our Sites and to provide Site-related services and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Sitesare used; and
- Other service providers that we may engage to provide services to us or on our behalf.
- We may disclose your Personal Information while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control, such as a restructuring or sale of assets.
- We may share Personal Information with third parties, including, but not limited to, advisors, advertisers, analytics providers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting our business.
We reserve the right to disclose to third parties anonymized information for any lawful purpose.
Sun Pharma cares about the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information. We seek to maintain commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security, collection, storage, and processing measures to protect against the unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of the Personal Information you submit to us. However, no website is completely secure, error-free, or “hacker proof.” You are responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse. We cannot guarantee that your use of our Sites or Services will be completely safe, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
We do not knowingly collect or store Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 unless or except as permitted by law. ANY PERSON WHO VISITS ANY OF THE SITES OR USES THE SERVICES REPRESENTS TO US THAT HE OR SHE IS 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. If we are made aware that we have received Personal Information from someone under 13, we will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our records.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
The Sites may use first-party cookies (set by Sun Pharma) and third-party cookies (set by web analytics partners). The cookies used on our Sites may be persistent or session based. A session cookie is a piece of information that is enabled only during a particular website session. Session cookie files are deleted after logging off the Internet browser or powering off your computer. In contrast, a persistent cookie is not deleted after logging off an Internet browser or powering off your computer but “persists” between sessions. Both types of cookies provide statistical information as well as help make improvements in navigation of the Sites.
As noted, Sun Pharma may use third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends on our Sites. These tools utilize cookies andother technologies to collect information sent by your devices toour Sites, including:
- Your browser name;
- Demographic data about you;
- The pages you visit on the Sites;
- Your existing applications;
- Whether you have previously accessed the Sites;
- The IP (Internet Protocol) address for your computer;
- Your mobile network information;
- Navigational data, also known as log files, server logs, or clickstream data; and
- Anonymous IDs for advertising.
Note that these third-party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information. To opt out of Google Analytics on the Sites, go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
At this time, we do not respond to browser Do Not Track signals.
Nevada Privacy Rights
We do not sell Personal Information for monetary consideration. Nevada residents have the right to submit a verified request directing us not to sell their Personal Information. If you are a Nevada resident, and would like to submit such a request, please send your request to [email protected].
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about Personal Information we collect from or about you through both your online and offline interactions with our Sites and Services in the Supplemental Notice for California Consumers section by clicking here.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
To keep your Personal Information current and accurate, please contact us as specified above. If you decide to email us, please include the words “Updating Personal Information” in the subject line.
We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Sites or Services.
Where we process Personal Information for marketing purposes with your consent, we will continue to process the data until you notify us that you wish to unsubscribe to future contact. Where you do notify us that you wish to unsubscribe to further contact, we will keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing communications so that we can respect your request in the future.
Where we process Personal Information to meet legal requirements, we will hold this for as long as the law requires (for example, we may hold records to help prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities).
NEW USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
HOW DOES THIS POLICY APPLY OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.?